FUN MINI SHOW
Sunday 31st of January 2021
219 Coutts Island Road, Belfast, Christchurch
This show is being held for the benefit of children who love to ride but, for whatever reason are unable to have their own pony. However if you are lucky enough to have your own pony you are welcome to come along and have some fun too! Any child within the age ranges is eligible to enter however priority will be given to children who have attended riding lessons at Waimak River Riding Centre.
Age ranges are between 5 to 11 years and 12 to 16 years.
As mounts are limited each child will be asked for a first and second choice mount and we will do our best to ensure that all will get to ride their most preferred mount at some stage during the day.
The first Open Classes starts at 9.30am Sharp. Children must be here at 9am at the latest if they are competing to prepare their mounts. If they wish to come earlier that is fine the gate will be open at 7am.
Free Sausage sizzle for competitors and $1.00 each for others from 11.30am to 1pm.
Please feel free to bring the whole family and friends, bring a picnic if you like and watch the kids having a great time! It’s a good idea to bring your chairs and some shelter from the sun and plenty of Sunblock.
We would appreciate any parent help on the day if you are able. We will require a parking marshal to direct people to the Float and general parking areas. A very special someone is needed to arrange morning tea for the Judges. We also require ring stewards to call the riders in and assist the judge by taking notes and with prize giving at the end of each class.
Please email Erika firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to offer any assistance.
Each Class is numbered i.e. 00 to 15. The fee for each class is $3.50 for WRRC Riding Centre pupils and $5.00 per class for others. Therefore if you want to enter classes 01 through to 05 the total will be $17.50 for WRRC Riding school pupils and $25.00 for others except for Show Jumping where the fee is $10.00 per class. There is also a ground fee of $5.00 per rider.
Classes 01 through 09 require the rider and mount to work in an oval/ring on both reins. The Judge will tell you when to change the rein, this should be done in a loose figure of eight. In Classes where canter is required please come back to trot to change the rein and then canter on again or as directed by the Judge.
- Dress code: Jodhpurs and boots if you have them (otherwise long trousers and closed in shoes), plain shirt, sweatshirt and/or vest, rain jacket as required, NO riding jackets.
- Helmets are mandatory and are available on-site if you do not have your own.
- Plaiting is not essential but will be considered in the best presented classes and encouraged.
- Ponies and Horses should be well groomed, with no visible mud on legs, heads or bodies and clean hooves, with appropriate saddles and bridles. Snaffle bits only.
- Those who lease WRRC ponies may come and prepare their mount on the day before or any other days leading up to the Show. Time will be allowed during the Holiday Program.
- NO Dogs on the grounds with the exception of the Waimak dogs
- Judges are both very experienced horsewomen and impartial.
- The Judge’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into.
- Judges will ask the riders to line up in order of placings.
- Ribbons from 1st to 6th will be awarded as well as participation prizes.
- Late arrivals to the ring must approach the Judge/Steward to ask to be admitted.
- Riders must not leave the ring until prizes have been awarded unless instructed to by the Judge. Then they will do one circuit around the ring in walk or trot or as the Judge requests, following the winning rider and mount out of the ring. All Prize ribbons must be removed before entering the ring for the next class.
- Riders will be called into each ring prior to each class so must be ready.
- When bringing own horse and float, please remove all rubbish and poo before you leave the property.
- Waimak River Adventures Riding School takes no responsibility for any injuries that may be caused during the course of the show.
Qualified First Aiders will be on-site if required.